Google Chrome prevents pop-ups from appearing automatically and cluttering your screen. Whenever the browser blocks pop-ups for a site, the blocked pop-up alert icon appears in the address bar. You can click the icon to see the pop-ups that have been blocked or to manage pop-up settings for the site.
How to see blocked pop-ups for a site
- If pop-ups have been blocked, you’ll see the blocked pop-up alert icon in the address bar. Click the alert icon to see a list of the blocked pop-ups.
- Click the link for the pop-up window that you’d like to see.
- To always see pop-ups for the site, select “Always show pop-ups from [site]“. The site will be added to the exceptions list, which you can manage in the Content Settings dialogue.
How to allow all pop-ups by disabling the pop-up blocker.
- Click the spanner icon on the browser toolbar.
- Select Options (Preferences on Mac and Linux; Settings on a Chromebook).
- Click the Under the Bonnet tab.
- Click Content settings in the “Privacy” section.
- In the “Pop-ups” section, select “Allow all sites to show pop-ups“. Customise permission for specific websites by clicking Manage exceptions.