In Google Chrome browser, the address bar that sits at the top of the browser window doubles as a search box. You can specify the search engine that the address bar should use by default for your searches.
Set your default search engine
- Click the spanner icon on the browser toolbar.
- Select Options (Preferences on Mac and Linux; Settings on a Chromebook).
- Click the Basics tab and find the “Search” section.
- Select the search engine that you want to use from the menu. If the search engine that you want to use doesn’t appear in the menu, click Manage search engines.
- In the Search Engines dialogue that appears, select the search engine that you’d like to use from the list.
- Click the Make Default button that appears in the row.