If you want to browse in stealth mode, Google Chrome offers the incognito browsing mode. Here’s how the incognito mode helps you browse in stealth mode:
- Web pages that you open and files downloaded while you are incognito aren’t recorded in your browsing and download histories.
- All new cookies are deleted after you close all incognito windows that you’ve opened.
- Changes made to your Google Chrome bookmarks and general settings while in incognito mode are always saved.
Opening the incognito window
- Click the spanner icon on the browser toolbar.
- Select New incognito window.
A new window will open with the incognito icon in the corner. You may continue browsing as normal in the other window.
You can also use the keyboard shortcuts Ctrl+Shift+N (Windows, Linux and Chrome OS) and ?-Shift-N (Mac) to open an incognito window.