In order to use the Google Cloud Print service with your classic printer, first enable the Google Cloud Print connector for your printer.
What you’ll need for setting:
- A printer installed on a Windows or Mac computer that you can access. If you’re using Windows XP, make sure that you have the Microsoft XML paper specification pack installed.
- Google Chrome installed on your computer (check which browser version you need)
- A Google Account
Set up your printer
- Log in to your user account on the computer.
- Open Google Chrome.
- Click the spanner icon on the browser toolbar.
- Select Options.
- Click the Under the Bonnet tab.
- Scroll down to the “Google Cloud Print” section. Click Sign in to Google Cloud Print.
- Sign in with your Google Account to enable Google Cloud Print.
- A printer confirmation message appears and click Finish printer registration.
- You’ll see a confirmation that Google Cloud Print has been enabled. Click Manage your printers to learn more.
The printer is now associated with your Google Account and connected to Google Cloud Print. You can print to this printer whenever you’re signed in with the same account on another device or application that supports Google Cloud Print. You can connect up to three printers to Google Cloud Print, using the same Google Account.